Antique Austria-Hungarian Empire Tea Glass Holder. A high quality silver plated (Alpaca-Silber) tea glass holder from the Berndorf Metalware Factory. The "Berndorfer Metallwaarenfabrik" was founded in 1843 in the small village of Berndorf, which was part of the Austria-Hungarian Empire. Some of the factory marks featured a bear profile (see below)which indicates that it was made between 1875 and 1880. The mark is rare as it existed for only 5 years. Holder comes with a old painted glass found with the holder as is (a wearing away of the gold at the top of the rim and a bit of a rough edge). The cartouche has the name Николай (Nicholas) engraved in it together with what appears to be a flourish beneath it. There are a couple of discolorations, one on the engraved name and one back towards the handle. 1 only, as shown.