Great Rostov (Ростов Великий) is an old town in the Yaroslavl Oblast, located on the shores of Lake Nero and about 125 miles northeast of Moscow. Rostov's most notable architecture is its Kremlin, located in the very center of the city. It was built between 1670 and 1683 on the orders of Metropolitan Iona Sysoevich of Rostov and Yaroslavl to serve as his residence.
At its northernmost is the main Dormition Cathedral. On the outside of the Kremlin the Cathedral is flanked by two towers which also form part of the Holy Gates. The Resurrection of Christ Gate-Church is built over the gate which connects Cathedral Square with the central part. The southern part of the Kremlin is St Gregory the Theologian's Church.
This is a finely detailed Rostov miniature enamel painting in its original oak frame. Dimensions of the painting: 2⅛ x 2⅞. Overall dimensions are 3" x 4"