Moscow (Москва). By Haryitinova, Kholui, 1977. Traditional needle case box. Classic Kholui egg tempera on papier-mache painting of the Senate Tower, which is one of the oldest towers of the Moscow Kremlin. It is located on the eastern wall between the Spasskaya and Nikolskaya towers and overlooks Red Square. Built in 1491 by Italian architect Pietro Antonio Solari by order of Ivan III. For a long time the tower was called “Deaf” or Bezymyannaya; it got its modern name in 1788 after the construction of the Senate building opposite it.
3⅛" x 5⅞" x 1⅛". With original paperwork. Fine condition. 1 only, as shown.