Wooden church of St. John the Divine. The village of Bogoslov, on the western outskirts of Great Rostov (Ростов Великий), is renowned for the wooden church of St. John the Divine. It was built in the late 17th century on the river Ishnya to commemorate a vision of St. John that appeared to St. Avraamy of Rostov centuries earlier. In 1911, the Russian chemist and photographer Sergei Prokudin-Gorsky came to photograph the monument using his special color photographic process.
This is a finely detailed Rostov miniature enamel painting in its original oak frame. Dimensions of the painting: 2⅛ x 2⅞. Overall dimensions are 3⅜" x 4¼"