Tea Glass Holder "Peter and Paul Fortress" (Подстаканник «Петропавловская крепость»). Collectible and fairly rare (in Russian even!) tea glass holder made in a limited edition for the jubilee celebration of the 250-year history of Leningrad. Made of polished brass with a multi-layer silver coating. On the front of the holder is a brass plaque inset with a painting on enamel with the image of the Peter and Paul Fortress and Cathedral on the river Neva, which was the first architectural structure of Peter the Great's city. Embossed images on the side include striking Russian Navy war ships from the time of Peter the Great, as well as the Soviet-era battleship "Aurora". A Russian-made standard glass included. 1 only, as shown.
The justifiably famous Peter and Paul Cathedral houses the tombs of all Imperial Russia's rulers, including Peter the Great, Catherine the Great, and the last Russian monarch Nicholas II. The Grand Ducal Mausoleum, next to the cathedral, was built in 1896 to hold the tombs of the lesser Romanovs.