This elegant glass is just right for that special tea glass holder. About 4" tall. Top diameter is 2⅝" and bottom 2⅜". Limited supply. Brand new condition.
The Gusevsky Crystal Factory in the town of Gus-Khrustalny (Гусь-Хрустальный) near Vladimir is a very old Russian glass factory established over 250 years ago. The factory's predecessors were the Maltsovs, a noble family of merchants who owned major factories and land. Vasily Malstsov founded a glassworks in Mozhaisk in 1724 and in 1756 Akim and Foma Maltsov became the owners of the Gus-Khrustalny glassworks. Through the centuries, Gusevsky has won countless prizes and awards, beginning with the Tsars, and including World's Fairs and Exhibitions held over 100 years ago. The factory has had many master artisans at work producing etched and cut crystal, cased and blown glass, and hand painted pieces. Since January 2012 the main factory and other related entities were closed due to severe financial hardship. In December of 2013, the production of crystal was resumed at a factory called "Gusev Crystal Plant named after Akim Maltsov." New equipment was installed and instead of traditional pieces, custom hand-made crystal via special orders was begun.