Church of St. Basil the Blessed at Chukhcherm, Kholmogorsk district of the Arkhangelsk region (Церковь Василия Блаженного на погосте Чухчерьма Холмогорского района Архангельской области. It is a wooden church built in 1824. The bell tower next to it was built in 1783.
High quality polychrome enamel on copper plaque circa 1973. With original hanging chain. Overall near fine. Approximately 4¾" x 6¼". 1 only.
These types of Russian souvenirs were made with the support of The All-Russian Society for the Protection of Monuments of History and Culture, or VOOPIIK (Всероссийское общество охраны памятников истории и культуры (ВООПИиК)) - a public organization, which was established in the RSFSR in 1965 and continues to work in modern-day Russia. One of its production centers, in Moscow, was the Экспериментальный творческо-производственный комбинат Всероссийского общества охраны памятников истории и культуры «Русский сувенир» (ЭТПК). These Experimental Production Plants made the ubiquitous pins known as "znachki", as well as many Olympic souvenirs.