Vladimir Millennium Tray. Vladimir was Russia's capital during the 12th-13th centuries. The history of its founding has different versions. In some Russian chronicles, the first annalist mention of the city goes back to 990 in connection with the missionary campaign of Prince Vladimir the Great, Prince of Novgorod, Grand Prince of Kiev, and ruler of Kievan Rus' from 980 to 1015. According to another version, the Vladimir fortress was founded in 1108 by Prince Vladimir Monomakh and named in his honor.
The tray is a copper stamping and was made around 1995 for the celebration of the entry of the city into it's second millennium. In the center is the word "Владимир" in a circle. Around it are six high-relief roundels with mythical birds and the ancient symbol of an anthropomorphized lion. There are six crowns and rosettes and six intertwined rings. The outer border is made up of over one hundred raised dots. The back of the tray has an attached hanger. 10¾" in diameter. 1 only, as shown.