A large (14" diameter) hand carved Russian plate with a church from the Solovetsky Monastery, which is a large Christian citadel founded in the 1400's and located on the Solovetsky Islands in the White Sea in northern Russia. The monastery experienced major changes and military sieges. Its churches and cathedrals date to the 16th century.
A great country house or dacha piece! Made in the 1970's, label remnant on back of the plate. In excellent condition, weighs over two pounds. 1 only.